Haddonstone Group Privacy and Security Policy
Haddonstone values and respects the privacy of its customers and visitors. The purpose of this Privacy and Security Policy is to provide you with information about how Haddonstone collects, uses, and shares the information we collect from our customers and visitors. It also describes the choices you can make about our use of your information. Our collection efforts are designed to improve the shopping experience of our customers and to provide customers with relevant information about our products, services and promotions.
The Privacy and Security Policy describes the privacy practices of Haddonstone Ltd and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, brands and other Haddonstone Group companies (Haddonstone , “our” or “we”). It applies to our interactions with our customers and visitors, including, but not limited to:
- Use of our websites, including mobile websites
- Attendance at one of our events or exhibitions
- Use of our applications for mobile phones, tablets or other smart devices
- Written, telephone, fax and email communications
- Social media interactions on our websites
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
Information Haddonstone Collects
- Contact information. We may collect the names and user names of our customers and other visitors. Additionally, we may collect your purchase history, billing and shipping addresses, phone numbers, email messages, email addresses and other digital contact information. We may also collect information that you provide us with about others - for instance, delivery information when an item is purchased as a gift.
- Payment information. When you make a purchase you provide your payment information, including information from your credit or debit card. For online transactions, Haddonstone does not have access to this credit or debit card information and does not store such information. All credit or debit card data is processed by our secure merchant services provider. For credit and debit card details received by telephone or other medium, the payment will be processed and the card details will be immediately and securely destroyed.
- Demographic information. We may collect information about products or services you like, reviews you submit, or where you shop.
- Location information. If you use our mobile websites or applications, we may collect location data obtained from your mobile device's GPS. If you use our websites, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address. We use this location data to serve content in your local currency and or language.
- Other information. If you use our websites, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might track the pages you visit, look at what website you came from, or what website you visit when you leave us. We collect this information using cookies and analyse it using Google and Bing Webmaster tools. To control cookies Click Here.
How Information is Collected
- We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you: during website or CAD/Technical Sheet registration; in connection with an online purchase; if you upload a comment, photo or other digital content through one of our websites or applications.
- We collect information from you passively. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies. To learn more about these tools and how you can control them, click here.
- We collect information from other sources. We may get information about you from third party business partners – for example, an updated address from a shipping vendor. We may collect information about you from a friend. For example, if your friend purchases something for us to send to you.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for our business purposes, including:
- To respond to your questions and requests. Examples include: fulfilling orders or providing services; entering you into a prize draw or sending you prizes you might have won; responding to a product or service query or review.
- To improve our products and services. We may use your information to make website or product and service improvements.
- To look at website trends and customer interests. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may also combine information we receive from you with information about you we have received from third parties to assess trends and interests.
- For our marketing. In certain circumstances, we may send you communications containing information such as special Haddonstone promotions or offers. For example, if you have registered on the website and indicated you want to receive this information or if you gave us your information at an exhibition. We may also notify you of new website features or product and service offerings. To manage our communications with you, follow the instructions in the Your Privacy Preferences section below.
- For other uses we may disclose to you, including order, contract, processing and delivery information.
We may share your information for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted, including:
- With third parties who perform services on our behalf. We share information with our service providers, such as our delivery service providers who ship and deliver your online orders. We might also authorize our service providers to collect information on our behalf.
- With any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if all or part of our business is sold we may sell our customer list as part of that transaction.
- If we think we have to in order to comply with the law. For example, we will disclose information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also disclose information if requested by a government agency or investigatory body.
- With our business partners. For example, we might share information with a business partner who is running a joint promotion with us.
- To protect us. For example, we will disclose information if we suspect fraud. We will also share information as part of an investigation.
- At your direction. For example, if you ask us to provide your information to a third-party to facilitate the resolution of a dispute.
Your Privacy Preferences
You can change your preferences to receive or not receive marketing communications from us by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our email newsletters or by emailing us. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still contact you for transactional purposes such as confirming or following up on an order or service request, asking you to review a product or service you have ordered. If you later opt back into getting marketing communications from us, we will remove your information from our opt-out databases. To find out more about cookies, please click here
Your California Privacy Rights
If you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a list of the personal information we have shared with third parties for our marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year.
To exercise your rights, you can email us or write to your nearest Haddonstone office. Mention in your letter that you are making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry. We will respond within 30 days.
Our Site and Children
Our website and mobile applications were not created for children. To our knowledge we do not collect information online from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have information about your child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
When you place an order on our website, all of your order information, including your credit card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our websites from capturing and viewing your personal information.
Whilst we use industry standard means to protect our website and your information, the Internet is not 100% secure. The measures we use are appropriate for the type of information we collect. We cannot guarantee that your use of our websites or mobile applications will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Our websites contain links to third party websites. If you click on one of those links, you will be taken to websites we do not control. This Privacy and Security Statement does not apply to the information practices of those websites. You should read the privacy policies of other websites carefully. We are not responsible for third party websites.
Our Tracking Techniques
- Tracking Tools We Use. We use several common online tracking tools. These may include browser and flash cookies. We may also use web beacons and similar technologies. We use these tools: to track new visitors to our websites; to recognize returning customers; to store your password if you are registered on our website; to serve content in your local currency or language; so we can better understand our audience, our customers, our website visitors and their respective interests.
- Controlling Our Tracking Tools
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control browser cookies, click here. To control flash cookies, click here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings. If you configure your computer to block cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our website.
My Account Registration and Use.
My Account registration is an optional service provided by our website. You do not have to register to browse or shop online. When you register, you are asked for personal information such as your name, address, phone number, email address and a username and password. You may also optionally provide information regarding your interests and home improvement projects or register your credit cards. This information may be used to help make your online shopping quicker and easier by pre-filling certain parts of your shopping information.
If you have additional questions you can telephone us in the UK on 01604 770711, email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
The Forge House,
In the USA you can telephone us on 719 948 4554, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Haddonstone (USA) Ltd,
32207 United Avenue
Changes to this Privacy and Security Policy
Effective Date: 18 July 2013
Last Revision Date: 18 July 2013
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Privacy and Security Statement by posting an updated copy on our website. Please check our website periodically for updates.
This Haddonstone Group Privacy and Security Policy should be read in conjunction with the relevant Terms and Conditions of Sale:
Haddonstone Ltd Terms and Conditions of Sale
Haddonstone (USA) Ltd Terms and Conditions of Sale